Are you familiar with WhatsApp? If yes, maybe now is the time for you to explore more of WhatsApp, not only through your mobile phone but also with your computer. Do you know that we can use WhatsApp on our Laptop or Computer? If no, then let’s keep going because this article will guide you through the step by step and explain all about it.
Currently, WhatsApp holds the title of one of the most used applications every day. This application is quite perfect. It can be used for communication, chat, video calls, sending voice notes, contacts, voice notes, photos, and videos to documents. WhatsApp Messenger or WhatsApp is an instant and cross-platform messaging application on smartphones that allows users to send and receive messages without using credit but with an internet connection.
WhatsApp Web and Desktop are basically computer-based extensions of WhatsApp accounts on your phone. The messages that you send and receive are synced between your phone and computer, and you can see your messages on both devices.
If you use WhatsApp to work and run a business, then WhatsApp web on your PC can really help you. All you need is a PC and a good internet connection on your mobile phone and PC. Yes, WhatsApp Web requires a stable connection on both devices. There are two options for you to use WhatsApp web on your Laptop or PC. You could use WhatsApp Web; A browser-based application of WhatsApp. Or you could use WhatsApp Desktop; An application you can download to your computer.
WhatsApp Web tutorial on PC or Laptop:
- Open your browser on your laptop or PC
- Open the WhatsApp Web site at https://web.whatsapp.com.
- Make sure that both the computer you use to open WhatsApp Web and the mobile you use to open WhatsApp have a stable internet connection.
- Then on your computer or laptop screen, a QR Code image will appear.
- Then take your mobile phone and open the WhatsApp application.
- Click the three dots at the top right above the chat section then select WhatsApp Web.
- Scan the QR code by pointing your mobile phone to the QR Code,
- Then, your WhatsApp will display on your PC, and now you can use WhatsApp on your PC.
WhatsApp Desktop Tutorial in Laptop or PC without a browser
- Open the official WhatsApp site on www.whatsapp.com
- Click WhatsApp Web
- Download WhatsApp Web for PC or laptop. You can customize whether it will be installed for a Windows PC or Mac.
- Click Download and wait for it to finish.
- Then you can use WhatsApp without having to open a browser.
- Logging in on WhatsApp Web application is the same as the one with a browser.
After you log in to other devices to use WhatsApp, you have to make sure you log out of other devices to secure your privacy. WhatsApp also provides you with a log-out option in WhatsApp Web.
Log out of WhatsApp Web or Desktop
- Open WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop.
- Click Menu or the three-dot symbol above the chat list > Log Out.
Exit on Android
Alternatively, you can log out of WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop, or the Portal device from an Android phone.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the three-dot symbol above the chat list > WhatsApp Web.
- Tap the computer or Portal listed > Log Out
To log out of WhatsApp on all devices at once, including WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop, or Portal, you can use the phone.
- Android: Open WhatsApp, then tap the CHAT tab > More options > WhatsApp Web > Logout from all devices > Log Out.
- iPhone: Open WhatsApp, then tap Settings > WhatsApp Web / Desktop > Logout from all devices > Sign Out.
Downside of using WhatsApp Web
There are a few downsides to using this feature on WhatsApp. One of them being Highly dependent on stable and strong internet access. WhatsApp Web Desktop is also unable to make or receive phone calls from your PC or Laptop. Another drawback is because it is connected to sync with your phone, it is guaranteed that the battery will run out quickly. Even certain types of cell phones can make the phone very hot. Furthermore, WhatsApp Web cannot be used when the connected mobile phone is off. So that the mobile phone that is synchronized with WhatsApp must always be On. So if your phone is running low on battery or if it is off, of course, you also can’t use WhatsApp Web.
Another issue about WhatsApp web is WhatsApp Web can only be accessible by one user at the same time, so we can’t open multiple WhatsApp by the same number. However, if you need multiple admins to manage your one account you can use OneTalk by TapTalk.io. OneTalk provides an omnichannel solution for businesses to grow with WhatsApp.
So, what do you think? It’s an easy enough tutorial for you to follow, right? Even with some drawbacks, this could be a very useful thing for you who use WhatsApp as a Customer Service for your business.
Now, have you used WhatsApp for your business? Do you want to change it to WhatsApp Business API? TapTalk.io is here to help you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!